We have been receiving reports recently of failed installations on both Mac and Windows. If you have the same problem, please:
- Check once more all the instructions at http://www.gcdkit.org/download
- In particular, make sure that you install R first, in appropriate version (that is 3.6.0 for GCDkit 6.0)
- If you are behind a proxy, select Internet2 option during Custom R installation
- Check that you are online before installing the supporting libraries
- For installation, run R with admin privileges
- If you receive a message saying that RODBC is not available for R 3.6.0:
 Download the zipped version of the RODBC library from https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/3.6/RODBC_1.3-16.zip.
 Go to RGUI menu Packages>Install package(s) from local zip files... and browse for this downloaded file on your disc. DO NOT unzip it beforehand.
- In case you are missing any other R libraries, their appropriate zipped version can be found at https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/3.6/, downloaded and installed analogously to the case of RODBC.
I am pleased to announce that we are just finishing a GCDkit version 6.1 that should fix a few known bugs and feature, among other things, also offline installer.
Thank you so much for all of your efforts to maintain this really useful software. I enjoy using it a lot.ReplyDelete
There is one question. I have problem with installing the GCDkit to a new laptop using @install.r file.
I'm now trying to install all of the necessary R packages manually, but I cannot find package “XML” in the CRAN server: https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/3.6/
I’ve tried installing the
but the GCDkit installer did not accept them as proper XML package.
Could you let me know which package to use?
Thanks much for your help in advance.
careful, R comes from Linux and Linux is case-sensitive.
You should use https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/3.6/XML_3.99-0.3.zip
Your post is helping me a lot. Its really nice and epic. Thanks a lot for the useful info on this topic. You did it so much well. I love to see more about GBWhatsApp. Keep sharing and updating. Also share more posts with us. Thank you.ReplyDelete