On August 16, 2019 has been released a new version of GCDkit 6.0. It was developed in R 3.6.0 and code-named Il padrino sono io. This is the first truly platform independent version that could run on all systems, including Mac OS X and Linux from both command line and graphical user interface (GUI). The most important changes are summarised below.
- Optional platform-independent Tcl/Tk graphical user interface (GUI)
- In both command-line/batch mode and from graphical user interface (GUI), the GCDkit should run also operation systems other than Windows, notably Linux or Mac OSX. To start GUI on non-Windows systems, type menuet()
- Quicker response of the menu for geotectonic plots that is newly being built only once, upon the system startup
- Quicker and improved routine enabling overplotting datasets, especially values after Debon and Le Fort.
- Some norms (most notably CIPW) were speeded up considerably.
- Help pages to user-defined plots are added automatically to the html help system.
- Correct function on the Chinese (and perhaps other non-European) locales.
- New plugin for ternary projection from biotite (Moyen et al. 2017).
New geotectonic/general purpose diagrams
- B vs. Mg/(Fe + Mg), Q vs. B, K/(Na+K) vs. B and BQF ternary diagram of Debon and Le Fort (1983, 1988)
- Diagrams for classification of feldspathic igneous rocks of Frost and Frost (2008)
- Diagram of Laurent et al. (2014) to decipher possible source of granitic magmas
- New function phasePropPlot() that plots barplot of mineral proportions
- Mesonormative Q'-ANOR diagram of Streckeisen and Le Maitre (1976) was added to the Classification plots and can be indeed used for this purpose now. If necessary, a matrix of mesonormative values can be provided upon call; otherwise these are to be calculated anew.
The new version of GCDkit has been unveiled at the Goldschmidt Conference in Barcelona on 21 August. Follow this link for the PDF version of the poster.